Tuesday, 30 August 2011

GT Stripes

If you've read my profile, you'd have noticed that I quite like the fast and furious movies. I've only recently discovered that there's more than one!! I just need to see the second one and I'm all up to date.
Anyway, despite Paul Walker not being in it, I loved Tokyo Drift!! I've watched it countless times and it is now responsible for my current obsession with GT stripes! The mustang from the movie is a dream car of mine! Go rent it if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it!!  Therefore everything I've been doing creatively of late has a version of GT stripes! Such as....




And it's sister...






I hand painted the stripes on the 100% linen upholstery and I love the contrast between what I consider modern upholstery (the stripes!!) against the completely old school design of the chair. Well, they're antiques really. Have been in the same family forever apparently. The lady who sold them to me from the salvo's (thrift store) knew the previous owners and gave me some helpful tips on restoring them. I didn't have the heart to tell her I was going to paint them! She may have fainted!
I considered doing something bright on them, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I kinda wanted to show them a little respect, you know, consider their age and all! This was as daring as I could go.
Here's one before...



There was a bit of work involved, but well worth it. I'm happy how they turned out! What do you think? I am selling these so if you're interested, please leave a comment!



Thanks for stopping by! Oh and don't worry, my husband knows about my Paul Walker crush!! Promise!!

Courts x

linking to
grabttFeathered Nest Friday

Furniture Feature Fridays

10 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

those are adorable! love the soft muted look and the stripes!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Such charming chairs! Love the stripes and the painted finish~ Stopping by from Miss Mustard Seed today ~ would love for you to come share this at Feathered Nest Friday sometime!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi there~ just stopping back by to say thanks so much for sharing these cuties at Feathered Nest Friday!! Hope you will come share again soon! :)

Andrea @Oasis Accents said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on the director's chairs. I think I may take your advice and do red racing stripes. Thanks for the great idea!!

Lauren said...

Mmmm love those stripes too, love the idea of making your own fabric pattern by painting it. Feel another few stripes coming on my coffee table :D

April and Allan said...

love those chairs!! the stripes are just perfect.

Sarah said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I just love these chairs, they're right up my ally! I've got a thing for stripes too. :D

Britt said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! These chairs are my favorite!! Nice job. Love the stripes

Sophie from Grins and Sighs said...

They do look like mine indeed! Thought about stripes too but really wanted to use the toile fabric I had!

Claire said...

Love your linen covered chairs-I'm your newest follower-Stop by for a visit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...