Wednesday, 21 September 2011

Fast And Impatiently Furious Stripes!

Remember my little story about my current 'Fast and Furious Stripes Phase'? If not, you can read about it here, if you like.
Well this is another piece from the phase!
A lovely bedside table that had once been black and then white. I was originally going to take it back to it's natural state....until I watched Tokyo Drift and saw that mustang and ...well you know the rest!
So without further ado, I give you....






I know, I know! It's far from perfect! Reverse GT stripes. Not as easy as I thought.

I got incredibly impatient after the green bled onto the natural timber. Then even more so when the black outline bled too! I missed sanding some of the white off as well, I was so excited to get it done. Lesson learned though. I'll take my time from now on. Patience! I can learn patience. I think!





This is now Tony's bedside table, which he doesn't love but will use, just because that's what husbands do!! He does like it, he's just not in love with it!! And thats ok!



It is unique! I'd love to know what you think! Would you have this beside your bed?
When the whole room is pulled together, it'll all make sense. Hopefully!! I do get these grand idea's that usually work, but not always! So there's a reason why this piece is green, which I'll show you another day, so please come back and visit!!
If you missed my 'Quirky How-To' post on how-to unleash your inner rockstar, you can see that here it's worth a look!!

Courts x

Linking to:
grabttSaved by Suzy

Furniture Feature Fridays

10 comments:

Amy of The Salvage Collection said...

i love, love, LOVE it! the little black line is an awesome detail that makes the piece! it's great to see something original!

amy

(i'll be following you now!!)

Decor & Harmony @ 4290 said...

The piece looks great! You have a definite paint style and I like it.

Its So Very Cheri said...

That is adorable.

I love the color.

Cheri from Its So Very Cheri

Suzie @ The Accent Piece said...

I love how unique it is. I would definitely use it!
I'm your newest follower! :)

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

this is so cool! i love the edgy look you gave it as well as the color!

Andi @ Jane of all crafts said...

Stopping by from POWW, love this idea! And that green looks beautiful with the wood. Great job!

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

This is so unique! I love the natural wood/paint combo. Great job!

Deborah March said...

Omogosh, I LOVE this!! What a GREAT idea...natural wood and paint... bookmarked...would love to try this!! Thanks for the inspiration, Courts!

Brandi said...

Wowza! You did an amazing job on your table! It's absolutely gorgeous!!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Looks awesome Courtney. Love the stripe. Very unique.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...