Today's How-To is all about finding inspiration for that creative project that you haven't started yet because you're not quite sure exactly what you're going to do.
Maybe, like me, you have a piece of furniture to paint and have no idea what color to use. Maybe you have a piece of fabric that you just love but have absolutely no idea what to do with it. Or perhaps it's something else in your life where you need to be creative and have no idea where to begin.
Of course you've tried Pinterest and stalked some creative blogs but you really want to come up with something on your own. You just don't want to take someone else's idea, you want to create from the very beginning all by yourself.
Well, I can help.
This is a technique I've used in the past, successfully, and you can do it anywhere, anytime and it doesn't cost a cent! It is a little quirky.....but just roll with me here. I promise you have nothing to lose!
1. Go somewhere where you can be on your own. This doesn't take long, but it's best if you're not interupted.
2. Make yourself comfortable. I like to sit down at a table, something to lean on is good.
3. Close your eyes.
4. Take some deep breaths and think a little about the project your trying to get inspiration for. You don't need to think too hard, just so that it's in the forefront of your mind.
5. Now you need to apply some gentle pressure to your closed eyes. This is where I lean on the table and use the heel of each hand to press on each eye. You could also just use your fingertips to gently press on your closed eyes. Not too hard!!
|image via google|
6. This is the good part! Hold that position and look, eyes still closed. See whatever it is that shows up behind your eyelids! You might see patterns, colors, faces, waves, ripples, who knows! It keeps changing the longer you sit there and also if you change the pressure you're applying to your eyes.
It's fascinating and it will spark an idea to get you started on your project. Maybe it won't right away, but if your open to it, it can. You might see a color that you hadn't thought of using or a design you would have never come up with before trying this. The possibilities are endless!! And they come from within you! Can't get more inspiring than that!
So my friends, go forth and inspire yourself!
PLEASE, PLEASE let me know how you go with this, so I know that it's not just me that see's cool things when I close my eyes!
And if it does work for you, let your readers/friends know! We gotta share the good/quirky stuff around because we don't wanna be clones! We all need a little inspiration sometimes!
If you don't get this at all, that's ok too! I tried!