Friday, 30 September 2011

Modern Chair #1

Well, I'm slowly getting acquainted with my sewing machine I got off Tony for Christmas. It's all coming back to me...kind of!
Here's what I made with my hand painted fabric I showed you yesterday:



Yes, I sewed a lovely cushion that's sitting on this:







I've had two of these old office chairs for years and was always going to use them as outdoor chairs. (Under our covered deck!) They are so comfortable though, too good for outside. This is what I came up with. The second one is almost done, I'll show you that soon. Here is the before:




And the after again...

The fabric is designed by the very talented Holli Zollinger which I ordered from spoonflower. I'm in love with so many of her designs! This particular one also comes in coral (where this one is green) how nice would that be?!
This was my first go at upholstery which involved a sewing machine and I'm very happy with the result! Wait until you see the two together...even better! I know this is not everyone's cup of tea, but it's definately mine. What do you think?
Do you like the clean lines or are you more of a this kind of chair person? Have you done any upholstery before or would you give it a try?
Have a wonderful day!

Courts x

Linking to:

grabttFurniture Feature Fridays

7 comments:

Bianca said...

wow, that's an amazing before and after! you're pretty clever!

Revi said...

Yumm - I love the colors! Magenta purples and greens are just lovely together. Very nice job on the finish and upholstery, too Courtney! Everything is just right.
-Revi

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

awesome! i love that fabric!

Jennifer said...

Thank you for your kind comments on my blog. I love your upholstery re-do's! The green chair with the pink and green pillow-so cute! :)

Jennifer

Renae @ theredwren said...

These are so beautiful! Great job.

Corbin (decor-eat) said...

This is exactly the kind of upholstery chair project I need to do! I'm obsessed with a chair that looks like this with Josef Frank fabric - http://pinterest.com/pin/262897696969064921/

Great job!

malik aayan said...

That is a good one to work your magic on. The online Bed Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...