Tuesday, 4 October 2011

GT Ottoman - My Very Own 'Stang!




Do you think I might have taken my GT-Stripe obsession phase a little too far?







Yep, it's pretty much the same color as the mustang in Tokyo Drift! My wheels are a little smaller though and there's not much under the hood!!





I love ottomans, all shapes and sizes! You can use them as seating, lie on them or use as a coffee table. They can be mobile like the one above or just on cute little legs. The possibilities are endless!!

We need a coffee table so, being the incessant DIYers we are, Tony and I decided we could make one ourselves: He builds the frame and I design and upholster it. This one was not the original design but it took over the initial project because of my rampant Fast & Furious 'thing' current design style! We have another one underway that's quite different than this and next, I'd really like to make a round one!
Tony does like a challenge!!

So many more projects to come and idea's a-plenty rolling around in this head of mine! Stay tuned!

Have you ever built a piece of furniture from the ground up? Or would you give it a try?
I'd love to hear,

Courts x

P.S This ottoman has the GT-Stripes painted straight onto the fabric...it's kinda my thing now!!

Linking to:

grabtt

3 comments:

Amy of The Salvage Collection said...

good gosh..what will you come up with next? love this! i want it! where's the tutorial? share share share the knowledge, miss talented! i have not built from the ground up but you've inspired me to give it a go!

amy

Queen of Chairs said...

I love the stripes. Great Job! I have built doors to an antique sideboard, that I bought from a barn sale for $9.00. They turned out ok.

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

those stripes are so awesome! they give it an instant classic and bold look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...