Tuesday, 20 December 2011

What To Do With Small Timber Scraps...


A few pieces of our old oregon fascia were left after the table top had been cut to size, so we turned
them into these...

A little 'love' decor



And before they were sanded and sealed...


My apologies for the photography, I seriously need some lessons! Maybe I could learn something off my four year old?! She took this one...
Of her headband and sticker book.
The very top photo is me trying to recreate this photo, just changing out the headband for my oregon heart.
Unsuccessfully.

Sigh.

Again, I need lessons. I don't have the natural ability!

I checked the weather forecast today, sunny and hot here for Christmas day. 32 degrees. Perfect! I do tend to take weather forecasts with a grain of salt now, after the whole 'rain forecast and me not taking my stuff to Natimuk market, which actually received no rain' debacle :)

Not long to go ho ho now!!

Courts x

5 comments:

Julia @ 551Eastdesign said...

I love the wood hearts ! I love the look of natural wood mixed in to the decor.

Queen of Chairs said...

I love the pop of blue on your shelves. I also love the flow blue bowl, and your daughters picture!

Revi said...

Looks like you have a photographer in training there! Assembling your future blog empire team, huh? Way to go!
-Revi

Catherine said...

so cute - I love these!
And I'm trying very hard with the hair tips. Well - changing from everyday to every second day is a start right?

Rachelle @ Adventures in Creating said...

Cute! I hate to throw away wood scraps because you never know what you can use the, for. Love how you painted your hearts. And I wish I had a suggestion for your news chair. Some kind of glue/ varnish/ paint concoction to help it from splitting further? I'm not sure. It seems like there would be some idea out there in web-land.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...