Wednesday, 21 December 2011

My 'Out-Of-My-Depth' Chair

Isn't she a beauty?

My awesome mum-who-understands-my-chair-fetish bought it for me years ago.
Thanks mum!!

There's only one tiny, miniscule problem...

See the cracks? Yeah. You can't really miss them!

I've hung onto this chair, thinking 'one day I'll have the skills to fix this.'
I'm pretty sure that one day is not coming anytime soon, and I really want to have this beauty in my house and not hidden in the shed!

Does anyone have any clue on how to fix this? Any help would be much appreciated!

I hope you all have a fun-filled Christmas with your family and friends and a safe and prosperous 2012!
Thank you for reading this little blog of mine, I am thoroughly enjoying posting about my creative stuff and rest assured there'll be plenty more coming your way!!

Warmly,
Courts x




3 comments:

Queen of Chairs said...

First off, I love love love that chair! I can help you fix it. It's hard because I am only going off your pictures. I see that the bottom base is splitting and there is a crack in the seat. It's not in that bad shape from what I can see, you will need carpenters wood glue, clamps, either paintable or stainable wood fill depending on what your going to do to the chair and possibly small nails for the bottom part that is split. Sometime with chairs you alomst have to break them to put them back together if that makes sense. Also if it's wobbly you ca use a compressor or small screws to tighten all the legs. Let me know how it goes. The majority of furniture I get is also broken, I never post that stuff on my blog, maybe I should start?

Catherine said...

Another one who loves the chair! I'm absolutley no help with the chair I'm afraid, but I can't wait to see how you go with it!
Have a wonderful Christmas and thank you so much for visiting my blog this year!

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

It's a great looking chair! All I could recommend is gluing and clamping, maybe adding an extra support piece behind the crack on the seat? The bottom piece just looks like it needs to be glued and clamped. If it's too dry to pull together, maybe soak it a little to soften the wood? I would just use the chair as a decorative piece, don't let anyone sit on it- maybe use for a plant stand?
Thanks for coming by my little blog, I was so excited to hear from you! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...