Saturday, 4 February 2012

My Black Dresser


I've had this dresser for a few years now and I still love it as much now as I did when I first bought it. I thought I'd share it with you, even though it's not something I've 'done'!!

It's kauri pine and I'm guessing that it's been stained with black japan or something similar.
It came from an antique store that I frequent.
It houses toys, recipe books and some wine that's been there for eons...Tone doesn't drink wine and I'm really not a drinker. How un-australian of me!!:)


I've just changed the vignette to this recently.
I've reacquainted myself with meditation so I thought I'd get the statue you see out of hiding to remind me to keep it up! It really makes me feel good, which makes me wonder why I stopped doing it in the first place!

Oh yeah, I had babies!! They kinda change how we perceive things in life don't they? We tend to start to put ourselves last on the list, everyone else comes first :)
Which is really all the more reason to take care of yourself...so you can be the best person you can be, for your family and friends. I think we forget that sometimes!

Writing this has reminded me now, to take better care of me!!

And this was going to be a post about a dresser!!

Take care of you!!


Courts x

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I love that dresser and the statue too! Great that it has such memories, and reminders! I definately know the feeling, I need a little bit for me every day - even if it's just a shower in peace. Hope your enjoying the weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...