Tuesday, 8 May 2012

DIY Side Table


One skadoo is at kinder, one is asleep...so this is what I do -


I play around with furniture and accessories.
This is such fun for me!!


A little indoor daybed, cushions and vintage paisley sleeping bag.

Thank goodness for daybed wheels! Makes it easier for me to play around!
(You can see more of the indoor daybed here.)

What I really wanted to show you is the side table.


It has featured here before, in my very first blog post!

Tony built it for me from pallet timber over a 2x4 pine frame and I white washed it, then waxed it with an orangey color wax - it was all I could get at the time.


I much prefer cool colors over warm colors - in clothes, hair color, home decor. Pretty much everything!
So now the table has had a little work done.
I 'cooled' it down. In hairdressing it'd be called toning. You know when your blonde highlights go a little too warm or yellow-y? A hairdresser will often tone it down to be a 'cooler' blonde color.

Thant's what I did.

I 'toned' the side table!

Some dark grey glaze and it's so much better. Looks a little nordic now I think.

Perfect for a dash of rusticism in a white room! (just made that word up...yeah I don't know how to pronounce it either :))

I'll have lots more project posts up soon (...hopefully) when I can get them completed.

I've had some major scores while out thrifting lately and can't wait to show you!!

Have an awesome week everybody!!


Courts xx

Linking to:

grabtt

5 comments:

Deb Hrabik said...

I have been looking for some old wood/pallets. I had another plan, but now I want to make this!
So glad I found your blog.
Skadoo.....precious.

Christina said...

I LOVE that! I've been needing a side table in a certain area and I have a stack of pallets outside. That's definitely going on the project list.
Rusticism :)

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

LOVE that, courtney- rustic and chic and love the finish you gave!

Sue SA said...

Can you please come and style my house!

Bianca (ivylovesjack) said...

looks amazing, as usual. your daybed just came up on my pinterest home page, one of the pins has been repinned more than 1700 times!!! smart alec.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...