Tuesday, 29 May 2012

Swimming In Awesomeness!!


I mentioned a few posts back about some awesome finds I've been lucky enough to come across lately.


This is one of those finds...


A beauty from perhaps the 60's or 70's.



With cute little legs and a beautiful curvy shape



When I first came across this, I immediately knew what I wanted to do with it.

A vision flashed before my eyes. It was all timber and teal. Stripeless.

Then when we brought it home, Tony said "I really like those drawers."

And I said "Oh. I was going to redesign and sell them."

And he said "I really like them."

And so they're now residing in the girls room, which is now feeling retrofied. I like it! Except that I've bought two old fashioned Queen Anne beds for them which aren't retro at all. (We don't have them yet.)
That'll be a design challenge when the time comes!

A similar conversation occured when I finished this piece...


This is now his bedside table!

Men! One minute they want you to clean out 'their' shed of all your furniture, the next they're in love with everything you've done/bought and can't part with it!!
And they think 'we' confuse them!!

But just between you and me...I'm secretly glad we're keeping this retro tallboy. I do kinda love it!!

Don't tell Tony ;-)

Courts xx


4 comments:

Catherine said...

That is fantastic!!! WHat a great shape. I can see teal too... let us know if he wanes!

Melissa @ No. 2 Pencil said...

Oh yes, I love that dresser too! Awesome find!

Annmarie Pipa said...

good for you!! a keeper!!!

Bianca (ivylovesjack) said...

i bet it looks amazing in the girl's room. i think you need to do a house tour!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...