Friday, 8 June 2012

Confidence And Clothes


When it comes to clothes, I've always had ideas of what I wanted my 'style' to be like, but never felt like I pulled it off.

In my early 20's I could barely afford to eat, let alone buy any clothes at all. In my late 20's I was able to buy clothes when I wanted to but still never felt my look was quite 'me.'
Even when friends paid me compliments on how I dressed, I always felt like they were just saying it to be nice. I didn't believe them.

How crazy is that?!

One of those ideas I've always had for 'my style' was incorporating vintage pieces into my wardrobe.
I did it once in a while as a teenager when I was feeling brave. Then I got older and busier and never really went op shopping so didn't own any vintage pieces.

Now I'm in my 30's. I'm a whole lot braver with my style, have time to op shop and therefore own some cool vintage pieces that I wear regularly. I've reached and age where I feel so much better in my own skin that when someone pays me a compliment I can say "Thank You!!"

I think that we all stumble along trying to find our style -with our homes as well - until eventually it all falls into place.

So having said all that, I want to share with you a little of my style - namely a new (vintage) acquisition.

It belonged to my mum and I vaguely remember her with it when I was little.


I'm not normally a girl who gets giddy over a handbag...but I LOVE this bag!!

Thanks mum for passing it on to me!!


Check out the shadow the bag makes! It looks like a naked, pregnant lady with perfectly curled hair!!

A bag that's handmade AND vintage!!

What more could a girl want?!

What is YOUR style? Do you love what you wear everyday or do you dress for comfort or to meet someone else's expectations of what you 'should' wear?

What would your style be if money/time/confidence was no object?

I'd love to hear from you!!

Courts xx

P.S I will show you some more of my cool stuff I've found along the way!

4 comments:

Kylie said...

That shadow is amazing (as is your Mum's old handbag!)

Melissa @ No. 2 Pencil said...

It is beautiful! I would carry that for sure!! Vintage leather is so super cool.

That being said, I don't have any vintage in my wardrobe. Though I have some shirts and dresses I've made myself. Maybe when my toddler is off to school, I'll have time to hunt for some pieces:0)

The shadow is awesome!

Catherine said...

Love it! I'd love a few more vintage things, my Mum actually has a vintage leather jacket that is just gorgeous but it's not even close to my size! Maybe one day Emma will enjoy it!

Christina said...

Funny you should mention that, I've been working hard lately to define my style, because our house lacked it, so I went to my closet. I picked out all the colors I always fall back on. And it seemed so obvious that I like simple, comfortable classics with quirky details. And worn leather must be somewhere at all times. So we're redecorating our house now. :)

That bag is really cute, and the shadow is really funny.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...