I've continued on with playing around with painting designs on dropcloths for a unique floor rug that can be thrown in the wash.
This is the one I did first...
It really soaked up the paint so for the next one I tried watering the paint down quite a bit.
I used good old house paint for this! This one is the same color as we painted our house!!
I wanted to do a more organic/modern look so went for the freehand chevron design.
With a little neon thrown in because I'm loving it still!!
Btw, you can see my other projects where I've used neon/fluoro here and here.
This is where the girls get creative. Some fierce coloring and drawing goes on at this little table! :)
My Fast Five DIY Details
- Pre-wash and cut your dropcloth to your desired size.
- Hem each side on your sewing machine.
- Choose your design and tape it out or alternatively just have the design in your head like I do :)
- Grab your paint colors and mix with some fabric medium and water to get a fairly runny consistency.
- Paint away! Let it dry then throw it on the floor!!
(Oh and to get crisp lines on your design, painters tape works really well.)
So there you have it.
A perfect, inexpensive way to bring some texture to a room!
Have a wonderful weekend!!