Friday, 29 June 2012

Re Re-Design!!


If you've been following along, you would have seen this half-table

floating around in a few posts before :)


This belonged to my great-grandmother and it was painted brown when I got it.

Then I redesigned it to what you see above...only I never quite felt like it was me.

I really liked it, but just felt like something was missing.


I wanted it to be more contemporary but still look like an old table.



So I did this...






I love it now!!

It's so much more 'me'!!

One of my favorite trends at the moment - besides the fluoro trend - is half painting.

Love it. It's definitely something I want to explore a bit more!!

Half painting is exactly what it sounds like...painting half a piece of furniture and leaving the rest natural timber. Or in my case above, heavily distressing the existing paint work.

Here's how I did it:

My Fast Five Details


1. Thoroughly clean the table.
2. See below

3. Spray paint exposed table with high gloss white paint and allow to dry
4. Heavily distress the existing paint work with orbital sander.
5. Wax and buff. I used beeswax mixed with a walnut colored furniture wax I have. Apply with soft cloth.

So there you have it!

I'm bringing this out into the light of day now. (I had it in the guest bedroom!) So it can be used and loved again!!


Have a wonderful weekend!!

Courts xx

Sharing this at:

Primitive and Proper

8 comments:

Junky Vagabond said...

I would've never thought to do just half to get a mod/vintage looking table :) Don't you just love it when something turns out just right for you?

Catherine said...

I can so see this as more you! What a great idea!

Bliss said...

How darn cute is that!

~Bliss~

Rachelle @ Adventures in Creating said...

Congrats on winning Gold in the Bloggy Olympics!!

Kylie said...

I love it. Very much.

Deb Hrabik said...

Your photo styling is always the best!
You have such a knack of arranging colors and lines that make the picture catch my eye.
Have a great week!
Deb@LakeGirlPaints

Meeha Meeha said...

I love your style! So cool, fun and unexpected! The new table could belong to a famous rock star, who's house is featured on Selby's, for all I know! I'm your newest follower :)

Allison said...

oh my!!!....i LOVE this.
Allison

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...