Wednesday, 18 July 2012

Before And After: Bench Seat



I found this 60's phone bench a little while ago and knew it would make a perfect upholstered bench seat. 


I knocked off the little cupboard with one foul swoop of a hammer - there wasn't much holding it in place - and lifted the seat pad off, which I seem to have done before I took this photo :)
Gave it some coats of paint, then had Tony cut some MDF to size which I then added foam and fabric to.
Lastly, we screwed it on from underneath. (we = Tony!)

And now -




perfect for the end of a single bed or a cute extra seat option in a well-used area.

The fabric is a bluey-charcoal color and the paint is slightly off-white. Cushions are Target, about $18 each on sale and they're huge!! Love!!

I've been working on some lamps today as well as a couple of chairs while eyeing off a third.
I may be leaning towards too many projects on the go at one time;)
Yesterday I said I had 7 chairs to do...I forgot a couple...its actually 9. Oh well. Its a good thing I LOVE redesigning chairs!!

Courts xx

Sharing this at:

Primitive and Proper

6 comments:

suzyq said...

I'm giggling here - 1 FOUL swoop - too funny
Love your bench - great job!
Your newest follower - would love to have you visit and follow back!
:)

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

that is adorable! and i love the cushions!

Catherine said...

Love it! I'd love something like that for my room...

I've been eyeing off those cushions too!

Rachelle @ Adventures in Creating said...

I wouldn't have thought to take the top off and make it a bench. How smart! Love how it turned out. I love those cushions too! I wish there was a Target near me- jealous!

Tiffany @ {Living Savvy} said...

LOVE! Perfect bench!

Queen of Chairs said...

nice bench, I love how you always put a modern touch on everything, If I ever own a loft apartment in NYC you will have to come decorate it for me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...