Tuesday, 17 July 2012

Back In The Swing!


Hi there!! I didn't quite make it here to the blog over the weekend as promised...sorry about that :)
Its been a little crazy lately, but we're back in the swing of things now - kinder has started again - and it's actually kinda nice to be back in a routine!

I hit the op shops while we were away, and bought quite a bit...more pottery pieces for me to paint and plenty of clothes, just no furniture this time. And none of it was exciting enough to show you :)

I do have a lot of projects on the go - most of them are for something special that's coming up that I will fill you in on as it gets closer - including 7 chairs to re-upholster!
FUN!!

I have a small project that I did ages ago to show you -



which I didn't take a before pic of, I'm sorry!

You may recognize the fabric on the top that I used on this one...

yep, that gorgeous vintage fabric that I had a couple of small pieces left that I HAD to use!!
The top one is also upholstered in a duck-egg blue pure wool vintage blanket.

BTW, both of these are now in my friend Kylie's shop which you can now check out online here!


While we were away, I got to visit Bunnings...

which was AWESOME!! A real DIY-ers heaven. It's pretty much in the same category as visiting Ikea, in that you wander around and find awesome little things that get the creative mind ticking over to ways you could use something other than it's intended purpose!

Such as this roll of neon pink string that's generally used as a string line by builders


That I wrapped around a pottery jug's handle that I picked up while I was away -



Just to add a touch of neon! I know it doesn't really go, but in the grand scheme of things...it will!!

I hope you had an awesome weekend, and I'll be back with a before and after, in the next couple of days!
In the meantime, I'll be un-stapling and stapling, dyeing fabric and trying to cover buttons.
Gotta get through those 7 chairs!!

Wish me luck!!!

Courts xx

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Your big project sounds good - can't wait to see it! I do love that orange fabric, looks gorgeous on the small foot stool.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...