Tuesday, 10 July 2012

Out With The Old, And In With The New...Er Old!!


We are away visiting my parents this week while it's school holidays
and I thought I'd show you our new chairs that arrived just before we left!

Well, knowing me they're not 'new' new.

Just new to us:)

We've got four dining chairs to replace these ones...

my nanna chairs!!

These were some temporary chairs we've been using for a couple of years.
I had planned to do them up, but they ended up being too difficult, bordering on impossible to get the look I wanted.


I had covered them with an Ikea fabric to tide us over, which I put on straight over the top of the old fabric that you can see in the top picture. That fabric would have been gorgeous in its day ;)

This is what I found to replace them -



I'm slowly changing my style...I think!! I have a plan for these chairs and I'll definitly keep you updated.
They'll stay as they are for a while - vinyl is so much easy to keep clean than fabric on chairs when you have two little skadoos!!

Speaking of those two...



their gumboots have been getting a workout at my parents place after the rain we're getting!

But before the rain there was this -



I wish it was snow!! I'd love to experience some snow!!

Just a heavy frost!

I'm off to do some serious op shopping while we're here, and I'll be back on the weekend! Hopefully with some seriously cool finds:)

Hope you're having an awesome week!!

Courts xx

P.S If you're local and want my four 'nanna chairs', I'm giving them away! Shoot me an email to let me know you want them - first in gets them! I plan on donating them on Monday :)


7 comments:

Bianca (ivylovesjack) said...

I want the nana chairs please! Your new/old chairs are very cool too :). I hope you're having a good time. I think the little pony tail looks pretty cute!

The Moerks said...

That frost looks very very cold. I am in the middle of undercoating my kitchen chairs. I got up this morning and couldn't stand their orangy pine look for one more second. I have completely taken over the laundry and family room with sandpaper and paint. It's all fun. Happy treasure hunting.

Courtney said...

They're all yours Bianca!!

Bianca (ivylovesjack) said...

awesome, i can't wait to throw mine straight in the tip!

Catherine said...

I love those new chairs! The back rest looks amazing. Look forward to hearing about your op shopping.

Tiffany @ {Living Savvy} said...

I love the new chairs! Have fun on the family vaca!

Rachelle @ Adventures in Creating said...

I love the new chairs! The old ones were pretty cool as well but I'm totally digging the new ones. Have a fun vaca and stay warm!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...