Monday, 2 July 2012

Spray Paint...YEAH!!


I must admit...I am amazed at how good inexpensive spray paint is!!!

You may have heard me mention not too long ago how I'd recently discovered that our local 'discount' stores stock really inexpensive spray paint...yeah I was a tad late getting that memo!!

And you know what?

It's really good!!!!


Just check these out...




3 x thrifted lamp bases. Here are the before and afters -


nice 80's dusky pink!!

Now a sunnny yellow -



A blurry before shot of the wooden lamp base...


that's now a bluey-grey - sorry I can't remember the name of the color and it's too cold to duck out to the shed to find it :)



and my favorite's before...


during - in it's little cardboard box 'spray booth'


and after...


Sorry about the picture overload :) and yes, it's the same lamp shade on all of them!!

If you want to find out more about spray painting - Tiffany from Living Savvy holds a weekly spray painters anonymous 'meeting'...well posts from guest bloggers who all love to spray!!
Yep, its a movement!! And I think I'm joining!!

After such success, I am now on the lookout for more things to spray paint. I'm also currently conducting a little experiment using spray paint that I'll tell you all about...soon :)

Have an awesome week!!!

Courts xx

P.S The three lamps above (not including the lamp shade) cost me a total of $9.50!!
Not bad!!
What have you got lying around that could use a little spray paint update?

9 comments:

Bianca (ivylovesjack) said...

so good to know, that's a perfect finish and they look great! i already have a list of things that are destined for a hit with some spray paint very soon and i'm glad the cheap stuff works this well.

Tiffany @ {Living Savvy} said...

Oh those lamps are perfect! The colors are amazing and totally fit the lamps shape and design! Welcome to the spray pairing family!

Catherine said...

That yellow is amazing! I'll have to try out my local - I have seen the spray paint cabinet, but always thought it would be too cheap and nasty. These are fantastic!

Kylie said...

Off to buy me some spray paint today!

The Moerks said...

Clever clogs! You have transformed 3 ugly lamps into beauties. Love the shade too.

Tanya from Dans le Townhouse said...

Those look FABULOUS!! Amazing job.

Helen said...

I love this lamp!! You did a great job : )

Tracey Bradshaw said...

The lamps look great - I have never had the courage to try using discount store spray paint - what brand does your local store stock? I usually pay around $10 - $12 a can (not a bargain makeover).
I recently picked up a freebie tall metal locker (in 'regulation grey with rusty spots') that I want to spray bright yellow - it will take at least 2 cans - I am thinking 3 to be safe - I may have to try it with cheapie store paint. Do you usually prime first?

Kristy said...

They look fabulous!! I'm off to find me some lamps!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...