Friday, 31 August 2012

Bitter Sweet Blogiversary



It's been a year since I started this blog...and it is kinda bitter sweet, as my post title suggests.

You see, starting a blog was something that I'd wanted to do and had spent a whole lot of time thinking about for ages. I just never had the courage to go for it.
It's not an easy thing to put yourself out there for the world to see :)



And then,



Nathan Prince

this sweet boy passed away unexpectedly. 

He was 17 and still had a whole, full life ahead of him.

Life seems so unfair sometimes.


I started thinking about all the things he won't get to experience in his life.

And all the things he did get to. The kind of person he was.

I thought about my own life and where I was at that particular moment. What I wanted to do and be and achieve in my life.

And so I started.

Apprentice extrovert was born.

And I've loved every minute of it!! I've met some amazingly talented, down to earth and generous people as well have tapped into a like-minded creative community from all over the world.

So many of you I'm proud to call my friends - even though we've never actually 'met'!


Moral of the story?

Don't let fear hold you back from living the life you are meant to be living.

You deserve to be happy!

If you don't think you deserve to live your dream - yes you do! - do it for all of the kids/teens/young adults who have been taken from us well before they got a chance to live their dreams!

You are here for a reason, so c'mon! Show us what you've got!!


Courts xx

2 comments:

Kathy Moody said...

Wow, that's such a beautiful, encouraging post!! Thank you so much for sharing, and happy blog ann.
Have a great weekend.
HUGS

Catherine said...

It's just so true, but we all need a reminder sometimes ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...