Thursday, 29 November 2012

Before And After: Desk



I'm not sure if I'm the only one who experiences the shopping phenomenon: 

I-Just-Know-That-I-Am-Meant-To-Have-This-And-Nothing-Is-Going-To-Stand-In-My-Way 

feeling that can sometimes come over me in a shop - be it clothes, shoes, bags, homewares and of course, furniture...I'm not?!!

 Didn't think so ;-)


Well it happened to me last week when I saw this desk -






I just love the simplicity of this piece and I got that feeling...so after a quick vehicle swap, it came home with me bursting with potential.


I didn't yet know what I was going to do with that potential, but a quick trip to mitre 10's paint section gave me the inspiration I needed. I came home with 5 color swatches and I ended up surprising myself with the color choice.

I have never used this color on anything before, but...holy guacamole batman...I think it works!!









It even ties in with the second footstool I did (which didn't even enter my head until I was photographing this!)



Ok, some deets:

Top - Refinished then beeswax - of course!
Paint color - Wattyl - Aqua Infusion (made into my DIY chalk paint)
Finish - Really light distressing then sealed with beeswax.
Hardware - Original

Both of these will be at the Makers' Christmas Market this Saturday December 1st 9.00 - 1.00

Courts xx

Sharing at:
Primitive and Proper
Furniture Feature Fridays

9 comments:

Allison said...

yes i know the feeling and yes! that colour works!!...beautiful! chalk paint is the bomb!!
Man i wished i lived closer!....footstool came up a treat!!....how many exclamation marks can i put into one comment!!!!!.
Allison x

Nadine @ Chic with the Kool-Aid Mustache said...

LOVE love love the color! I love that you kept the top natural too, the contrast is fabulous. Turquoise is one of my favorite colors but an awful bold choice in furniture...i do love it though!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

i love it! that color is so fun!!!

Julie Boarder said...

Super job, love the colour and leaving the top natural is my favourite!!

Restyled Vintage said...

erm yes I know exactly the feeling you describe, lol!

The desk is super cute and the colour is lovely.

All the best for your market!
xx Karen

Rebecca said...

ooh i like it!

Catherine said...

I Love it! The colour is perfect, and I love that it looks so lovely with that stool! Great job - I bet I doesn't last long!

Katrina said...

Wow, I have an old desk, kind of sort of like this one! Will be giving this a go for sure!

Between Blue and Yellow said...

This is darling! Love it with the stool. The color is perfect.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...