Monday, 19 November 2012

Before And After: Tall Side Table





I recently finished this table which I picked up at a local op shop looking more or less like this...


See where I singed the grass with my new heat gun? I kinda got in trouble for that!!


Its quite a tall table, pretty much a normal dining table height. It needed the bottom shelf re-attached, but other than that it was in great shape.

I mixed up my own color for this one...




I wiped a little black paint into the grooves on each leg to define them a little more.



 It looks so much fresher and has a new lease on life..maybe as a side table or bedside? Who knows!!

FYI, Abigail Ahern loves tall bedside tables instead of low ones - she says it gives a grander look to the room. I tend to agree and have always used tall bedsides...just not because I thought it was 'grander', (don't think I've ever actually used that word before!) but because it was all I had and now have grown so used to them, I always choose something tall to go beside my bed :)

This table (and the lamp) will be at the Makers' Christmas Market on December 1st!!

Hope you're having an awesome week wherever you are!



Courts xx

3 comments:

bec said...

this is awesome courts...what a facelift! I love the colour and continue to be addicted to your makeovers...have a great week.
Bec x
love the styling

Catherine said...

Love it - the details down the side of the legs are fantastic! And while I'm at it, that lamp!! Looks gorgeous!

Julie Boarder said...

Super transformation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...