Saturday, 24 November 2012

Before And After: Teak Table






I grabbed this little coffee table recently without really looking at it, thinking I'd paint it up and it'd be great.

When I actually stopped and had a proper look at it, I discovered that it is teak! I guess I have a bit of a thing for teak, which translates to 'I cannot paint it'. So what to do?

It definitely needed something.

A little extroverting/extroverted-ness/extroversion?!!


This is what I came up with...







Pics are pretty shocking I know and sorry! Really bad light that day :)


the top is teak veneer which I (gently) refinished before taping up and painting on the cross.
I sealed the cross with beeswax then took off the tape and gave all the rest some teak oil love :)

In other teak goodness at my place - I have now finished three of these babies and here is a look at number two, via my instagram pics...


its done in another Alexander Henry fabric, which I love! I've saved the marimekko fabric for last ;-)

Less than a week to go to the Makers' Christmas Market and I think I'm almost ready! And looking forward to it!!

Hope you are having a fun weekend!


Courts xx

SHARING AT:
Primitive and Proper

6 comments:

Rachelle Falcon said...

Very cool! Perfect mix of keeping the original wood and paint to make it your own.

Nadine @ Chic with the Kool-Aid Mustache said...

My Mother had Scandinavian style furniture when I was growing up and it was all teak...beautiful wood! Nice to see that you left it natural...

Julie Boarder said...

My parents gave up a teak coffee table in the 1980's in a really cool shape and a great chair with teak arms, but we didn't appreciate them. Now I love teak and it's so expensive, I could kick myself for not respecting those pieces and holding onto them. Love that you kept the wood!

Catherine said...

I love this one, and I agree with Rachelle - perfect combination of wood and paint! Your design on top adds a modern touch!

Rebecca said...

i love these foot stools you've been making!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

love this one! a perfect blend of nostalgia and modern!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...