Friday, 16 November 2012

Made In 1970...




Teak footstools. 


I love them.



BTW, lots of awesome things were born/made in the 70's ;)


These are all stamped with the date 22nd May 1970. Too cool!



One finished...





in this beautiful  fabric - Copenhagen by Alexander Henry - and refinished teak ( I use teak oil). 
I had to go and buy myself a new mouse sander as mine burst into flames while I was doing the first one!!
Never a dull moment around here I tell you ;)


Three more to go, one is being upholstered in Pieni Unikko by Marimekko, which is the smaller scale print of their famous unikko design. I must admit I'm feeling a little pressure to not muck that one up :)

These are coming to the Makers' Christmas Market with me - Saturday December 1st 9.00 - 1.00 at the Horsham library. Come and see me!!

Have a fantastic weekend, I'll either be painting, upholstering or pushing a wheelbarrow...unless I can get out of it somehow....



Courts xx

Sharing at:
Jed & Ivy

7 comments:

bec said...

I agree, very cool!!!
Bec x

Kylie said...

They are absolutely beautiful Courtney. Stunning. I love them. If I lived in Victoria I'd certainly make a trip to the Horsham Library and buy me a couple. You should join the teak lovers society (over at Pippa's, aka Ouchflower) x

Rachelle Falcon said...

Turned out great! I love the bold fabric.

Catherine said...

ok, these are amazing!! Your fabric choice is gorgeous, can't wait to see the other one!

Julie Boarder said...

These are terrific, what a great find and they look so great with the fabric you chose. I can't wait to see the others!

marthaleonedesign.com said...

Perfect choice on the fabric. Have a wonderful day!

Rebecca said...

i love alexander henry fabric. so great paired with the teak.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...