Thursday, 6 December 2012

Before And After: The Four Footstools



So you've probably seen these teak footstools a bit now - either here or on instagram - but nevertheless...I wanted to show you all four of them here properly :)



Here's the before...again :)



After...


So with these - I refinished the bases and took off the lovely existing upholstery and re did that :)

When I say I've 'refinished' something, that means that I've sanded (and sanded!) it until its once again silky smoothe to the touch.
I usually start with an electric sander and a medium grit sandpaper, then work my way to sanding it by hand with a 320 grit sanding sponge. It varies depending on the timber and the state it's in - if you'd like more sanding details, let me know and I'm happy to help!


More afters...

1. (sold)





2.



3. My Favorite - Marimekko fabric




4. (sold)

For some reason I didn't get any other photo's of number four.

Numbers one and four have been on a little road trip already as their new owners were travelling from Melbourne to Adelaide for a few days when they picked them up on Saturday! Hopefully they behaved on that long drive ;-)


I must be very wicked as there's no rest for me ;) Now the market is over I'm getting started on a growing list of custom furniture including a gorgeous chair I'm upholstering and a bed that I start painting tomorrow - which are both going to be awesome!!

Hope your week is awesome too!


Courts xx

Sharing at:
Furniture Feature Fridays

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Courtney as usual your pieces are delicious! That Marimekko fabric is lovely on the footstool. I can imagine them as bedside tables, with a little tray on top.

Sophie from Grins and Sighs said...

Very nice indeed! Good work!

bec said...

oh how I love a good before and after story...they are amazing!
In a recent post I showed a chair I need to re upholster.. I have no idea where to begin... I hope to get some clues from your blog! :)
Bec x

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

so freaking chic. the end.

Allison said...

lol...I`ll say it again....man i love those stools!!
Allison x

Catherine said...

I really love these... of course the shape is amazing, but I think your fabric choice makes them perfect. Can't decide which I like best - maybe the first one, or the aqua one...

Sue SA said...

Love your sanding efforts! AND your fabrics!

The Moerks said...

Gorgeous, I love them, it's hard to pick a favourite.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...