Thursday, 14 March 2013

I Think I'm In BIG Trouble!!




Why am I in trouble, you may be wondering?!




Well it's because of this -






You see I came across this mid-century piece of fabulousness at an op shop last week...which I quickly bought and got home and instagrammed (of course!) only to find out in the comments that a really, really good friend of mine had her sights set on it and hadn't nabbed it until she was sure she could get her husband to come and pick it up in his ute.
When she rang to ask them to hold it for her and that she could come and pick it up a little later, she was told that it had just been sold. I had literally just walked out with the receipt in my hands.

Tears were shed.

We've all been there before. We can all sympathize with her...



And so...I am in trouble.

But perhaps there is a way out?!



Maybe we could share it, 6 months with me and then 6 months with me her?!


Who knows?!!




Courts xx

PS. This is a true story, however, I am not actually in trouble...all is well with our friendship and this very dear friend of mine has just finished one half of shooting pics of our home for the long ago promised 'house tour' to go on this here blog! So stay tuned for that...soon!

9 comments:

Reeves @ The Weathered Door said...

Love mid century pieces, that one is gorgeous! What a great find :)

Suzan Sweatman said...

What a gorgeous find!!!
No wonder you both wanted it ( I'm sure others did as well lol )
Hugs,
Suzan

Rubylicious Bespoke said...

Gorgoeusness, similar lines to be I just refinished but much, much nicer. What a score, just in the nick of time ;)

Allison said...

oh its lovely....tell friend its her`s in the will!
Al x

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

aw, it happens! and it's not like she said, there is this piece that i really want, and then you went and bought it out from under her. you didn't know! and if you ever decide to get rid of it you know it can go to a good home!

Nadine @ Chic with the Kool-Aid Mustache said...

Classic Scandinavian piece! I think my Mom's is just like this (hers has the glass hutch for the top too)...I remember going to choose the dining room furniture from Scan Furniture in the early 70! Great find.

Tammy said...

I have this exact piece, and it is awesome. My heart fluttered when I first spotted it on Craigslist. Nice find. :)

Catherine said...

What a gorgeous piece of furniture!! I guess you can agree that you'll keep your eyes open for a piece just like it for her :)

Bianca (ivylovesjack) said...

Would have been lovely in any of the three places I had wanted to put it!! :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...