Saturday, 4 May 2013

Our Home Tour Part Two: The Office



Welcome to part two of our home tour - the office!

Our office - like every other room at our place - is a work in progress. You'll only see one side of the room at this stage as the other side is pretty much the girls toys. Not that pretty to look at and lets face it...we just want to look at pretty pictures right?!

We plan to reclaim the other side of the office back from the girls. Its kind of turned into a playroom which was never the intention but...go with the flow and all that. :-)
It was always going to be a library/office and that is still the plan...one of these days!

Anyway - enjoy!!


My side



Tony's side



  




Yes that is a beautiful, antique oval table that has been cut in half for our desks! It was one of the first things we did when the house extension was complete. And it was completely un-planned!
I found the table at my favorite antique shop and had no idea where/what I was going to do with it, but I just had to have it :-) I paid about $400 for it, which is a lot for me and as soon as I got it home (2 1/2 hour drive!) I knew what its purpose would be. And now it's one of my favorite things in the house!

For the record, I do not class this as orange pine (my pet hate)! It's really old and is possibly kauri or baltic pine. It has so much wear and character that just isn't found on 80's orange pine furniture. I could never paint over that :) The legs are made out of a completely different timber, not sure what that is. They are almost mahogony-ish?
Anyway, its a unique piece/s and I'm all about the one-offs ;-)
(I felt I needed to explain that seeing as I tend to go on about orange pine a tad!)

Oh and if you missed part one of our house tour, you can see that here.


Hope you're weekend is going swimmingly!



Courts xx


6 comments:

Rachelle said...

Your style is so fun and elecletic, I love it! (I know I say I love your work a lot but I really do!)

Catherine said...

I love the half table desks, they look amazing, and I wouldn't have described them as orange pine at all. You can see from the table top that they are lovely. I love the floral wall too - is it fabric or wallpaper?

Allison said...

split a table in half!!...your brilz courts!. and the floral panel is lovely....I dream of having an office one day instead of using the kitchen table....but when I get one now I know I can take half the table with me! x

Restyled Vintage said...

I love that you made desks of out of the table, what a cool idea!

xx Karen

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

the half table is awesome! and i love love love that fun paper!

Karen said...

Hahaha, orange pine!! Oh how I HATE it too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...