Sunday, 21 July 2013

A Fast Upholstery And An Ikea Hack


Hello!!

Well the school holidays are over and I'm back to my usual 'work' routine...except it seems my projects are moving a little slower lately due to the fact that 1, Its been cold. I mean it is winter, but its been cold enough lately to not want to drag myself outside to the shed. And 2, I'm working on something of my own design and I've muffed it. Sigh. It is fixable...it's just time consuming. And completely due to my own lack of patience so there is a lesson learned. Again.
Why does it take me so long to learn patience?!

Moving on. I have two quick before and afters to show you today, that I did ages ago and never got around to posting!

The first one is the second of my thonet dining chairs - you can see what I did with the other one here - and it took me all of 15 minutes to do...








I stapled on some Ikea fabric and ta-da. Done. Gotta love a quick one ;-)



And speaking of Ikea, I picked up this Frosta stool for $15 the last time I was there, thinking I would do something with it...





and here's what I did -






It looks a little brighter in the second pic, but is probably a lot more like the first one in colour.

To do this one, I taped off the triangle and then painted it with a custom colour mix, x 2 coats.
I let it dry a few days, then sealed with a spray polyurethane for protection, x 2 coats.

This gets shifted around and used quite a bit here at home, its a handy piece!
The girls sit on it to have their hair done...or stand or I have magazines/coffee sitting on it ;-) It wipes clean really easily, which is a bonus too.

I hope you are having a fantastic, or warm at least, weekend wherever you are. And if you're in summer or the sun is shining on you...send some my way please!! Just so I can get some work done ;-)


Courts xx


8 comments:

Lea said...

Ooh I love the second ikea hack especially. Such a cheap and cheerful little on trend piece. Perfect.

Kylie said...

Chair looks so much nicer Courts, and that little ikea table = lovely. Gotta love a triangle and an aqua one at that.
Patience is a virtue don't you know!? I am learning to be patient myself at the moment, waiting 24 hours for enamel paint to dry when you're desperate to wack another coat on - that takes patience!
(I'm talking the bits I'm doing in the kitchen here. Colour looks wonderful. My paint job, pretty good too. Ha!)

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

these are both awesome- you have such a unique eye!

Alison @ Rubylicious Bespoke said...

LOVE the chair, such a beauty. Stool is pretty cute too.
Let me know how you go with the patience thing, I had a couple of stuff ups this week too because I couldn't wait. I've heard it's a virtue :)

Allison said...

ah its the simple things in life!...both chairs are fab. pfft patience is overrated courts...who has time for it?!! xxx

Sue SA said...

Love your quick make overs, they look great.

Rachelle said...

Love both makeovers. I like the design on the stool- it's simple but makes a big impact!

Catherine said...

Patience? Ha! None here either. Hence the mad emailing to people when I just can't wait any longer...

Love both - I agree with Cassie - you have such a unique style, both look fantastic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...