Wednesday, 3 July 2013

Sweet Bedside In Annie Sloan Chalk Paint


Hey there!!

A big thank you for all the beautiful comments and emails on my last post, it is so encouraging to hear those kind words and to connect with others who are on a similar journey. :-)
So far, I'm still going strong!



Today I have a little bedside redesign to show you. This is one I did with Annie Sloan chalk paint in the two colours I got to try.


I completely forgot to take a before...I was a bit keen to get started and it slipped my mind. My bad!:-)


This one was awesomely pine ;-) and I did no prep, just straight on with two coats of old white (I only did two coats as I knew I was going to heavily distress it) on the inside I used duck egg...again only two coats but that was enough with this colour to give me solid coverage. I didn't distress the duck egg at all. I wanted a nice contrast with colour and with finish.
I'm really happy with how it turned out!!


Oh and I waxed it (of course) with soft wax and let me tell you after sanding it a lot to get that heavy distressed look...it. is. like. glass.
Love it.


So check it out for yourself and let me know what you think!














So there you go. 
Another contribution by me to the 'rid the world of orange pine crusade.'
Its gonna happen. Slowly but surely people ;-)

I hope you are having a fantastic week!
Thanks for reading!!



Courts xx

4 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

super cute! i love the distressing on it and the pale pop of color inside!

Alison @ Rubylicious Bespoke said...

Love it, orange be gone ;)
Look at you posting in the wee hours, while the kids are away....

Restyled Vintage said...

gorgeous Courts! I love the wax too...but I ran out and needed some today so bought some from Bunnings - the finish was nowhere near as nice or easy to achieve that beautiful smooth shiny finish...AS wax is pricey but well worth it I've decided :)

xx Karen

Catherine said...

Looks beautiful Courts! I love the distressed old white, and I always love your styling. Gorgeous.

I wonder if we could collectively be awarded Australians of the Year, for the systematic eradication of pine furniture atrocities.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...