Friday, 16 August 2013

Before And After: Tea Trolley



A couple of posts back I showed you a dining chair that I'd painted for my mum in matte black spray paint. I really loved how it turned out so I ended up keeping it, (with her blessing) but I do totally feel guilty about it. 

Anyway, while she was here visiting, she found and bought this tea trolley I'm about to show you, which I agreed to paint for her. We chose a black to tie in with her black chair she would be taking home. (Insert guilty face emoticon here )

So in my guilted up state, I moved the trolley straight to the top of my 'list' and got it finished pretty quickly. With a little help from fast drying chalk paint of course ;-)














Here's the orange...I mean before -





I mixed up my DIY chalk paint in my fave black - Klavier by Dulux - and gave it two coats after a good cleaning, then distressed with my mouse and waxed with ASCP  clear wax.

Easy as that!

This is most likely going to be a side table at my parents, they've always kept their liquor behind closed doors. And of course, back in the day, their two teenagers NEVER went near those closed cupboard doors ;-)






How would you use a tea/drinks trolley?

Stock it full of liquor or something else?
I personally don't like trolley's so no chance I'm keeping this one! My mum has always wanted one so she was pretty excited to find this so I can't wait to see how she uses it.

Have a wonderful weekend!!


Courts xx

4 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

you know i am digging black lately! love it- classic!

Kristine at The Painted Hive said...

Hey Courts
Just found your blog through Miss Mustard Sees. Was stoked to read you're based in Vic! I'm just outside Melbourne. Loved looking at the pics of your home. Especially adore the girl's room.
Kristine

Catherine said...

Love the black Courts and the distressing is perfect!

Alison @ Rubylicious Bespoke said...

Love it, great colour and fab finish. Lucky mum :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...