Wednesday, 20 November 2013

Before And After: Cane Bedheads



Hello!

So cane has made a bit of a resurgence and I must admit...I kinda love it ;-)

Not that I would want a house full of it. Just a few pieces here and there to add some boho vibe to a room. 

But...it's gotta be bright.

Like bright, bright.

Maybe a colour like this...








Which used to look like this...







There are two of these (Yay!!) and I've done both in the same colour - Seaside by Rust-oleum 2X spray paint.

I'm pretty well in love with this range...it covers so well compared to others I've used. It really does cover twice as much and it comes in some cool colours too!
Up until now, it's been impossible to get a spray paint in anything other than a basic colour here in Australia, so its fantastic to finally have cool choices ;-)
It is also affordable, at only $10.95 a can, it ticks all the boxes for me :-)
If you're in Horsham, Mitre 10 has it (not all colours, but they'll order in for you and it doesn't take long) and is where I get mine.





I've also used it in sun yellow on this...






This is a perfect yellow...not too gold and not too lemon! Now I just need to find the perfect spot to hang this!


I'm busy now getting things finished for the Makers' Market on December 7th and if you follow me on instagram, you'll have seen I've finally had some success with sewing piping round a footstool!
 I have just a few more to go so fingers crossed it keeps working for me ;-)

Hope you're week is going great!

Courts xx
Furniture Feature Fridays

5 comments:

Sue SA said...

I think in another life you were a spray painter and panel beater! Great colours for summer. Hope the Makers gallery market is a sell out.

Restyled Vintage said...

Ok Courts if you see me jumping on the cane bandwagon then shoot me lol, it's really not my thing...those peacock chairs that are all the rage, I just cannot stand lol, I think it is because I am so old that I was there when they were the rage the first time around. I even had a miniature one that my porcelain doll sat on (cringe). lol. But that clock, well that is seriously cute. I love that it says 'Ha'...ha! Our local Bunnings hasn't got the 2x yet but I happy you mentioned the price, I was thinking it might be more around the $17 mark, $11 is good :)

xx Karen

Catherine said...

Love it Courts - you know I like a bit of cane, and spray paint for that matter!

Have a great market!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

SOOO awesome! i have one in my garage just like the orange peacock one i did for emmy's room..... maybe it needs to be turquoise!

ZippyZippy said...

Very sweet clock!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...