Tuesday, 12 November 2013

Before And After: Chevron Ottoman




Neglected.


I'm pretty sure it's how this little ol' blog is feeling lately.


And excuses are pointless, really. I could babble on for ages about what I've been doing instead of blogging, reasoning my way out of the guilt.



But I won't.



Instead...I'm going to show you this awesome ottoman I re-designed last week!


Not only is it chevron and an ottoman - ergo cool - it is also neon!

Oh yes...you read right.

A Neon Chevron Ottoman.

This is definitely one of those one's that if it doesn't sell...I don't mind in the slightest ;-)



Here we go!! -










Wanna see the before? It's a doozie...





This one was definitely an ugly-duckling-into-a-swan kind of transformation. My favorite!

FYI, I put the pillow top thing back on after removing the old fabric and then went over nice and tight and snug with the new, it's what gives it such a beautiful luxe shape. :-)



The new feet are made for the ends of curtain rods (can't think of their proper name) and are suitably chunky. All I needed to do was wax them for a little sheen and protection. 

So I'm doing the Makers' Market again this year on Saturday the 7th of December at the library here in Horsham. I just realized it's about 3 weeks away and I don't have much to take, so I'd better get on that ;-)

Thanks for still reading, I really do appreciate you :-)


Courts xx
Furniture Feature Fridays

9 comments:

Lisa said...

How adorable is your ottoman! Well done Courts, and see you at the Makers!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

oh that is awesome! and i love the chair, too!

Rebecca said...

this is so fun!

Clair McDonald said...

Ah! LOVE it! all my favourite things in one package! see you at the market! I cannot wait!!!! xxx

Rachelle Falcon said...

Amazing before and after!!! I love how it turned out, I think even I would have passed on that old brown thing lol!

Allison said...

perfect!!....I so need your talents at the moment courts! a vintage caravan just landed and I need some pointers??? eeek im feeling the pressure! maybe neon chevron???...x

Catherine said...

I love this - the fabric print just looks amazing on it! And the before... hideous!!

Brynne Delerson said...

This is adorable - I love the neon so much! Visiting from Miss Mustard Seed's link party :)

ZippyZippy said...

What a transformation!
Great job

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...