Wednesday, 19 March 2014

Before And After: Retro Bedside



Hi!!

I have an awesome before and after to show you today!
It's one of those 'hard-to-believe-its-the-same-piece kind of re-designs. My favorite!!

It's only small, as far as furniture goes. But it sure packs a punch!!


Wanna see??


Here's what it looked like when I bought it...



And here it is now!!!










Big difference, huh?!

When I first showed my mum this one, she asked if I was going to put a handle/knob back on.
It really doesn't need one though as the drawer hangs down and it can be opened from there.
Adding a knob would make it too busy ;-)


Want details?? Keep reading!!



How I did it-:

*removed the handle and filled the holes with wood putty.
*sanded off the paint until it was nice and smooth.
*marked out my design on the drawer front with tape.
*painted each triangle individually, making sure to wait for it to dry completely before taping the next one. If you don't let it dry completely, the tape can peel some of the paint back off and it has to be re-done. Really...who has time for that?!
*removed the legs, which of course I had checked first to see if that was possible. ;-)
*replaced the legs with refinished vintage legs I already had.
*Once the paint had cured, I sealed it all with beeswax.


You may remember a similar re-design I did last year on this...



Well this beauty has just sold via a beautiful store in Brunswick East, Melbourne - Five Boroughs.
This is my first piece to go into a Melbourne store and I feel really blessed and grateful for the chance to get my 'work' down there and into a broader marketplace.
For those reading this living elsewhere...Melbourne is a 3 1/2 hour drive away from where I live, so it is a challenge to get my things there. Luckily I have a personal courier, Fiona who is at my beck and call for my furniture delivery needs. I'm kidding of course...but huge thanks to Fi for getting this one down to the city for me :-))

New beginnings and exciting times!!

Be back soon ;-)


Courts xx

8 comments:

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

that i amazing! such a dramatic difference!

Sophie from Grins and Sighs said...

This is great! Looks amazing.
Got 2 of those queen anne bedside tables, might give it a shot now!

Julia @ 551Eastdesign said...

holy crap is that the same table?! unbelievable! it's so beautiful. :)

Kylie said...

I've got three words for you Court's:

Oh my God!!!

and three more:

I LOVE it!

Rachelle Falcon said...

I love the table transformation- it looks amazing! And congrats on the big sale! That's great news

Courtney said...

Make sure you show me if you do, Sophie! Are you on instagram?
Courts xx

Courtney said...

Thanks Rachelle!! It's a tad exciting :-)

Yvette Adams said...

Oh wow, that's SO cool! It's true - you'd never recognise it! I made over a Queen Anne bedside table recently. Mine is here... http://yvetteadams.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/bedside-table-makeover.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...